What each and every one of us does every day can make a positive difference – and we all have to decide what kind of difference we want to make. Our lives are a gift and with it we can make an impact and bring about a better world that we all want to see. The alternative is apathy, to not bother – but if you wait for someone else to do something, you will be waiting a long time. The future is in all of our hands and it’s up to us to be our own hero, find like-minded travellers and take action collaboratively, to create a world that cares about people and planet in equal measure, with respect and love for both at the core. We welcome one and all. Together we can create a brighter future for Australia and the world – one person, one resource at a time.–Yasmin Grigaliunas
Our Vision for Tomorrow
By activating dormant goods on a large scale as a way to make purposeful profit that creates a positive impact, we’re making circular practices the social norm and providing opportunities for those most vulnerable. Through showing that the circular economy is both cost-effective and better for the planet, we aim to:
- Create a model that can be replicated around the world
- Lead the resale retail movement in Australia
- Change hearts and minds everywhere on our current waste practices
- Be caretakers of the planet for future generations
- Find a meaningful place for all, including those most vulnerable
5 and 10 Year Goals
We have ambitious goals that centre on connecting and uplifting communities through the circular economy.
In 5 years:
- Replicate and scale our current precinct model within urban and regional Australia.
- Exponentially shift to conscious consumption, reduce waste and our perception of waste through WBGS-led education, pop-ups, events and community involvement.
- Provide significant employment and training opportunities for vulnerable Australians with centres that can employ more than 50 disadvantaged people at each location.
In 10 Years:
- Replicate and scale our current precinct model internationally
- Advise government policy with regards to circular economy, waste and recycling
- Discover new models and pathways for various waste streams and mobilise with other circular economy businesses to execute those strategies.
To support us in achieving our ambitious goals we will soon be introducing Circonomy™ to the family.
An extension of the vision and mission of World’s Biggest Garage Sale, our new Circonomy™ brand will lead our key business partnership growth plans for resource recovery, product stewardship and right to repair.
Please follow us on social media for more information and to be the first to see Circonomy™ come to life in 2022.