What each and every one of us does every day can make a positive difference – and we all have to decide what kind of difference we want to make. Our lives are a gift and with it we can make an impact and bring about a better world that we all want to see. The alternative is apathy, to not bother – but if you wait for someone else to do something, you will be waiting a long time. The future is in all of our hands and it’s up to us to be our own hero, find like-minded travellers and take action collaboratively, to create a world that cares about people and planet in equal measure, with respect and love for both at the core. We welcome one and all. Together we can create a brighter future for Australia and the world – one person, one resource at a time.–Yasmin Grigaliunas
Our Vision for Tomorrow
By activating dormant goods on a large scale as a way to make purposeful profit that creates a positive impact, we’re making circular practices the social norm and providing opportunities for those most vulnerable. Through showing that the circular economy is both cost-effective and better for the planet, we aim to:
- Create a model that can be replicated around the world
- Lead the resale retail movement in Australia
- Change hearts and minds everywhere on our current waste practices
- Be caretakers of the planet for future generations
- Find a meaningful place for all, including those most vulnerable
5 and 10 Year Goals
We have ambitious goals that centre on connecting and uplifting communities through the circular economy.
In 5 years:
- Replicate and scale our current precinct model within urban and regional Australia.
- Exponentially shift to conscious consumption, reduce waste and our perception of waste through WBGS-led education, pop-ups, events and community involvement.
- Provide significant employment and training opportunities for vulnerable Australians with centres that can employ more than 50 disadvantaged people at each location.
In 10 Years:
- Replicate and scale our current precinct model internationally
- Advise government policy with regards to circular economy, waste and recycling
- Discover new models and pathways for various waste streams and mobilise with other circular economy businesses to execute those strategies.