- Make a real difference – we are a purpose-driven business that positively impacts people and the planet – read about our achievements here – www.worldsbiggestgaragesale.com.au
- Enjoy creativity in this diverse role – as part of our customer engagement team, you’ll be able to bring your ideas and creativity to new initiatives across sales, marketing, visual merchandising and customer engagement.
- Be cutting edge – winner of many awards including the 2020 Banksia Minister’s Award for Environment, we are Australia’s first circular economy precinct and constantly innovate using the latest technology.
- Fast-track your career – we have quadrupled in size since April 2020 and our plan is to expand nationally in the next 5 years, so we are looking for high-achievers to become our future leaders.
- Enjoy your work – be inspired by working with hundreds of volunteers, creatives and innovators as part of our repurposing and remanufacturing work. Our partners include high-flyers such as Cisco, Officeworks, National Storage, Queensland Social Enterprise Council, the National Retail Association and global luxury brands that cannot be named!
- Improve people’s lives – we believe that everyone has a superpower so our team of 25+ is highly diverse. 50% of our workforce are from vulnerable areas of society and we also have a large support team of volunteers and advocates.
- Great workplace – Our brand-new Morningside office/warehouse includes free parking, is close to river and parks, and our people enjoy free snacks, food and re-gifted product perks.
World’s Biggest Garage Sale is an award-winning impact venture (social enterprise) that has quadrupled in size since April 2020. Having recently won the Banksia Minister’s Award for the Environment, we are leaders in transitioning Australia from a linear economy to a circular economy (the secret weapon in mitigating climate change) all while providing employment opportunities for Australia’s most vulnerable.
Through launching Australia’s first Circular Economy Precinct we are a diverse workforce that eats ‘wicked problems’ for breakfast, pushing against social norms to bring about a fair, just and sustainable world for people and planet in equal measure.
So far the organization has diverted over 4.5 million kilos of waste, contributed over $2.2m to the global economy and provided over 15,000 hrs in training and employment to vulnerable Australians. Want to be a part of transforming lives while transforming resources? Come on board, we’re just getting started.
About The Role:
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a motivated customer engagement retail assistant to provide sales, marketing, visual merchandising and product support in our Morningside warehouse/showroom with weekend work available. You are a warm, approachable people-person who is committed to building relationships with customers to ensure they return or better yet, become brand ambassadors.
You’ll be involved in researching products, uploading products and visual merchandising of our products creating compelling product imagery and lifestyle photos, selling the benefits of our products.
We’re always on the lookout for raving fans, so you’ll work on our social media engagement looking for ways to engage our audience and build brand awareness.
You’ll also be a hands-on multi-tasker in a rapidly changing environment – a chameleon of sorts who can adapt to any situation. You’re happy to pitch-in across the whole business when it gets busy – we can guarantee no 2 days will look the same and you’ll never be bored.
About the Work You’ll be Doing:
- Engage with customers in-store and online to understand their product needs and wow customers.
- Build rapport with customers from all walks of life with your friendly and welcoming approach
- Ask discovery questions to provide the right solutions to meet our customer’s needs
- Merchandise displays and cabinets using your eye for creativity and flair for something eye-catching
- Product preparation both in-store and online, overall store presentation, pricing, in-store signage, graphics/design for posters etc. to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Create fun and engaging social media to drive brand awareness.
- Work as a team to achieve maximum results
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and availability (including weekends) to [email protected] with the subject Purposeful Customer Engagement Retail Assistant.